Monday 4 March 2013

First post

Welcome to my new blog about my planned coastal cycle adventure!   The blogging will be an adventure too, as I've never had a blog before.

The Goal

My plan is to cycle up the east coast of Britain this summer.   I want to be flexible about how far I travel each day, as it will depend on the weather, my legs, sightseeing opportunities, and where suitable accommodation can be had.  Depending on how it goes I may continue the trip the following year.

The Route

I'll keep as near to the coast as possible, but I'll make exceptions if the coastal road is very busy and there is an alternative, or perhaps to visit interesting-looking towns.  This might make the route longer and slower, but more interesting too.

It has occurred to me that I should really be travelling clockwise, as then I'll be cycling on the seaward side of the road (better views perhaps).   However I'm more attracted to cycling 'up' the east coast, which I don't know so well, than along the south coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.