Saturday 21 May 2022

Mileages and maps


These are pretty pathetic statistics, in terms of miles and in terms of speed.  But when compared with other years, these are some of the most hilly days I've done in the whole trip round the coast: hillier than the west coast of Scotland.  Of the 98 days of my entire trip so far, five of the six hilliest days have been in Wales, and two were this year.  The average speeds compare quite well with the other hilly days, which is reassuring.  And the average hilliness for this trip, 218%, is the highest for any year of my trip so far.  (see here for the top 10 from last year.)

Interpreting the hilliness factor:

0-50% : flat
50-80%: quite flat
80-120%: average
120-180%: hilly
180-220%: very hilly
220-280%: extremely hilly
280%+ : ridiculous

Maps

(Blue line is what I rode.)
Day 1
Fishguard to Whitesands Bay: 35 miles (including home to Ealing station)


Day 2:
Whitesands Bay to Marloes: 52 miles


Day 3: 
Marloes to Ferryside: 76 miles


Day 4:
Ferryside to Manorbier: 55 miles


Day 5: 

Manorbier to Gowerton: 29 miles

1 comment:

  1. When I rode across Wales last summer it was by far the hilliest part of my trip across the country. Hillier than the North Downs, the Marlborough Downs and the Cotswolds. Plenty of steep hills, with the majority in Carmarthenshire. You may need fresh legs for Gower - there are a number of 25% hills there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.