Wednesday 16 May 2018

The secret of successful camping

I think I've found the secret of successful camping.  You have to put all your clothes on before getting into your sleeping bag.  In my case, arm warmers, leg warmers, socks and my fleecy beany hat, which unfortunately gives me a hairstyle like Worzel Gummidge.  It's no use waiting until you're cold: be that stage the last thing you want to do is get out of your sleeping bag, and putting things on inside a snug fitting bag is challenging.

Nice campsite, although very exposed, on the cliff top about a mile out of Portpatrick.  The best feature is a sort of pub, opposite, serving two caravan parks nearby.  Oh, and the view.

By the way, I forgot to mention yesterday that from the top of one of the hills in the Rhins, there was a great view of Ireland, the Mull of Kintyre, and our old friend Ailsa Craig.  It's not that clear in the pic but the one on the left is Ireland.

1 comment:

  1. I am disappointed that there is no picture of you in full sleepwear...or with the Wurzel Gummidge look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.