Wednesday 9 July 2014

#I'mOnTheTrain ... but ...

Well the adventures have started early.   After a gorgeous ride into London, with Richmond Park, the Thames and the Mall looking perfect in the evening sun, I arrived at Euston to find the sleeper train was cancelled.  And the later one too. Trouble at Carlisle.

Lots of to-ing and fro-ing, and confusion.   I can sleep on the train in the station and get the first one tomorrow.  Except there are no bike spaces.  So I'm going via Glasgow (cycling between two different stations) and changing again at Perth.  Or maybe via Edinburgh, if the Carlisle problem isn't fixed.  What with seat reservations and bike reservations I have SEVENTEEN tickets just for the outward journey. 

There is no ventilation on the train so it will be a sticky night.  Ah well, there's a chance for things to improve later in the fortnight ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.