Monday 14 July 2014

To Shetland

WellI won't comment on the football on case you haven't heard the result.  Watched the first half in the youth hostel in the company of a French family, two German ladies, and assorted Brits. Then the rest in a hotel bar with mostly locals, pkus supper and a pint of Orkney brewery's Corncrake ale.  Then it was a rush to the ferry, and a blacked-out cabin as two occupants had come all the way from Aberdeen.  I crept in, used the en-suite facilities: the toilet flush sounded like a foghorn.  Oops.

When I woke we were just arriving in sunny Lerwick on a crystal clear morning.  Warm, sunny, hardly a cloud in the sky. "Don't worry, it'll change soon" said the hostel warden as I left my bags.  Full Scottish breakfast at the community centre next door, £3, and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.