Monday 22 June 2015

Case update: Missing Underpants

* the second 'lost' post from a while baxk *

There have been new developments to report.
Actually, I didn't tell you the whole story before.  I didn't want to bore you, but Liz tells me that this has been the most interesting part of the blog - some sort of compliment I suppose?

You may remember when I accosted the miscreants on the ferry.   Well, one of them - lets call him Gordon - said he didn't have the pants, but he did have the socks.  Off the ferry we found some shelter from the rain to return the socks.  And rhe first thing to emerge feom his panniers were my underpants!  He couldn't find my socks, but gave me an equivalent pair of Aldi cycling socks.

Fast forward to the Heb hostel in Stornoway, and the two cycling miscreants turned up again.  This time my socks had been found, and an exchange closed the case.  They are cycling around various of the Western Isles raising money for the Special Care Baby Unit in Inverness, and have raised more than £3000.  Good on them.

Here is a picture of them in the hostel kitchen (note the Aga), with Exhibits A and B hanging up to dry, under my very watchful eye.

3 comments:

  1. Do you know the song' one finger, one thumb keep moving...'? I was thinking One pannier, 2 socks keep moving....' Just hours of entertainment to be had working on that one.......No? Oh well. Suit yourself. Just thought I might add to your 'One pannier on my bicycle' repertoire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said I nearly wet myself when simon recounted the developing story .so glad my knickers are firmly where they should be.Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.