Sunday 21 June 2015

South East Lewis, Part two

Well, that was a nice ride.  From the hostel I sallied forth on a route like forked lightning, only slower,  visiting lots of dead-end places in the wilds of this lumpy landscape, all separated by biggish hills.

Cromor: beautiful.  Marvig: marvellous. Calbost: spectacular.  Gravir: grand.  Lemreway: rainy.  As I headed for Lemreway, the rain started, and the 'forecast' to rhe west was bad but beautiful - a series of hill silhouettes, each one further back in the mists.  At Lemreway I had a slap-up Father's Day lunch in a bus shelter: a chocolate bar. Some midges came to join the party so I made my excuses and left.  Back to the hostel by 3pm: a short day but quite hilly.  There is a TV here and some tennis was on: it looks like summer in London! 

Now I have to decide about an evening meal: will it be my trademark Pasta tout seul? There is a pub which is open and serves good food, but it's four miles away, and I would have to put my wet clothes back on again...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wild stuff, Simon. Maggie and I were pretty much diagonally opposite you today - we did an Audax that took in Dungeness. Like the moon, but with a nuclear power station. Packing up tomorrow before heading for Dieppe - somewhat indirectly. See you there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.