Wednesday 22 May 2019

Barmouth bunkhouse

About that bunkhouse...
When I reached town, I looked it up on Google maps. It was about a mile out if town, so I called the owner to ask if I should eat first, or come back into town.
"You should definitely eat first. You've got a bit of a climb..."
Remember I said Barmouth backed onto a cliff?  Well the bunkhouse is at the top, very isolated but nice position when you get here.  A few hens and sheep wandering around.  There are two four-bedded rooms: bedding is extra but I have my own.  There are good showers, toilets and a laundry room, and a lounge/kitchen area, all very nice. Except the location. I am the only one here tonight.  But it's a real bed, I cam make porridge for breakfast, and the first mile is all downhill.
Barmouth  harbour, from the hill

Bunkhouse


Bedrooms

Toilets & showers


1 comment:

  1. Aside from the route to get there, that looks like a truly lovely place to stay. Hope you didn't have to go back to 'the microwave' to heat your porridge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.