Monday 20 May 2019

Welsh

I stayed up late last night, in my lonely little tent, to bring you an introduction to the Welsh language. It contains most of the important vocabulary, and I hope you find it useful after all my hard work.

So far I haven't heard many people speaking Welsh, although I did see a Welsh-speaking dog.  At least, his owner was talking Welsh to it.  The predominant accent seems to be Liverpudlian.  There are a lot of pubs called The Liverpool Arms too, as well as quite a few called George and the Dragon.  I can't help wondering if the Welsh version of the story ends the same way as the English story.

Anyway - read and learn:


1 comment:

  1. All your LATE-NIGHT effort may have been wasted on me. I had to magnify it to see it at all and even then couldn't read it. Perhaps I'm getting old, or maybe I just can't speak welsh. I'll try not to worry too much about it. Enjoy your continued journey round Anglesey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.