Tuesday 23 July 2013

Angus

Full Scottish breakfast at the hotel today, the only difference being the addition of a potato pattie.  Thin drizzle outside and rain forecast, after torrential storms to the South yesterday.

I'm aiming for Aberdeen today to see Tim :-)   Getting near the end of my trip now so Tim's going to try and book my train home.  Out of Dundee past a puny castle, and onto the Angus Coast Path.  Running alongside the railway on tarmac, I pass a military firing area to rhe right, a golf course to the left.  A sign points to Target Shed 3.  Not very inviting.

A field of potatoes reminds me of Lincoln.  Today's song arrives: 'Hello potatoes my old friend /I've come to talk with you again'.  I ask them how they are: just chipper thankyou...

The track goes past deserted, rocky beaches, a profusion of flowers -thistles, poppies, marguerites, some tellow ones - past a station called Golf Street at Carnoustie (loads of golf courses) and on to Arbroath, a nice dozy place with harbour, miniature railway, smoked fish (Arbroath Smokies), café, and toilets, 30p.  Rumbling from the South, and a few spots of rain, but it might be the firing range. 

Tim phoned.  Bad news about trains. No spaces for bikes till next Tuesday, a week away.  And no trains running south of Edinburgh, due to lightning damage.   Still, there are other options so I'm sure I'll get home ok.


It was rain.  Pouring outside now.  Time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.