Sunday 14 July 2013

Lowestoft

Up with the lark today.  Well, I think it was a pigeon that woke me.  I can now reveal that I camped in a recently mown hay field just outside Southwold.   Rather a sticky night due to lack of a shower, or in fact any facilities at all.  This morning it's misty here so I packed a wet tent and was on the road by 6.30.

The field also didn't serve breakfast, but luckily I found a McDonald's open at 7am in Lowestoft, serving porridge, bacon butties and tea.  Perfect.  I also used a hot air hand dryer to dry my face for the first time ever.

Norfolk is nearby but nobody here seems to know exactly where. I expect I'll bump into it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.