Wednesday 17 July 2013

Soundtrack

Is it just me that sings when I'm cycling?  I find songs just pop into my head ... so here is a selection of the memorable ones so far.  I'm not sure how interesting this is - maybe you just had to be there.

Thurs: 'Convoy' by C.W.McCall.  Going over Tower Bridge:  'We crashed the bridge doing 9.6 / let them truckers roll, ten-four'.

Fri: (after camping at Essex Marina) 'Marina' to the tune of Maria from West Side Story.

Sat: Suffolk: Bruce Springsteen's Born To Run

Sun: Norfolk: Lazy Sunday Afternoon by the Small Faces

Mon: Speed King by Deep Purple (while zooming down the last hill in Norfolk, leaving Sandringham)

Tues: Road to Nowhere by Talking Heads.  Lincolnshire.

Wed: Yorkshire: 'Davy's on the road again/ wearing different clothes again ' by the Manfred Mann Earthband. Not strictly accurate.

Thurs: North Yorks Moors: 'Up Around the Bend' by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.