Monday 22 July 2013

The Tay and Dundee

After lunch I explored Pittenweem., which has a seriously beautiful beachfront hidden away.  So many lovely villages next to each other.  Anstruther next door was a bigger place and still very attractive.

Then a long, flattish ride to St. Andrews.  I was originally going to stay in the youth hostel here but at £49 a night I decided to press on.  Didn't stay long in St. Andrews as I wanted to get on. Obviously a well kept place with the university and golf very much in evidence.   Plenty of intererting buildings including a ruined castle.  The streets were not lined with people waiting for news of a royal baby.

A fast ride to Dundee: up to Tayport which was deserted,   and then maybe 5 miles on cycle tracks, all with tarmac, leading directly to the cycle lane on the middle of the Tay bridge.  The bridge slopes gently across the river down to Dundee but not enough to get serious speed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.