Saturday 23 July 2016

Full circle

The road up the left hand side of loch Linnhe is delightful, and pretty flat too.  Half way up there's a ferry at Corran, with a mini lighthouse.  At the top, another ferry fo Fort William opposite.  Here I met a couple of cyclists doing Land's End to John O'Groats, wrestling with a bent derailleur, and for me it was my first encounter with midges.
Loch Linnhe turns left here and becomes loch Eil, which itself is ten miles long, and not quite as scenic, although I did spot the Jacobite steam train on its way to Mallaig.  Along here, while jumping down a bank to answer a call of nature, something went ping, and then ouch, in my thigh. Then back on The Road From The Isles where I set out a fortnight ago, on three-quarter power, to Fort William.  An easy and enjoyable day's cycling.

3 comments:

  1. That's bad luck, Simon - hope it's nothing much.

    Anyway, safe journey home. I've enjoyed your blog again this year, and look forward to traveller's tales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful. Should know better than trying to jump down a bank at your age :) Hope it doesn't spoil the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was from me (Ruth) Hope your having a good ride

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.