Monday 11 July 2016

It all started so well

Last year I rushed across Skye against a strong headwind,  to catch a ferry to the Outer Hebrides, it wasn't a good experience.  There was nowhere to stay and I ended up in a freezing campsite outside Portree.   This time it will be different.  Accommodation has been booked and it's all waiting for me.

All I have to do is get to the start, at Mallaig.  Five hours from London to Glasgow, and another five from Glasgow to Mallaig.  Oh, and the Glasgow train leaves at 5:30, so I have to cycle through London in the dark.

Well, leaving home ay 3am, the cycle was a pleasure.  I would recommend it to you.  Well lit streets, no traffic to speak of, green traffic lights all the way, and a fresh wind at my back.  Just a few foxes for company.  I'm now relaxing on the train to Glasgow.   No worries.  Except one slight concern.  There are rumours of train strikes in Scotland, being spread by subversive elements like the ScotRail website.  A replacement bus service between Glasgow and Mallaig.   Ah well: here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.