Tuesday 19 July 2016

The most westerly bicycle in Britain

Yes, who'd have thought it? Ardnamurchan Point is further west than Land's End, or any part of mainland Britain.
What's more, it has a lighthouse you can visit and a café.   Britain's most westerly café in fact. Plus amazing views.   The highlight of a day of diversions to the north when I should have been going south.  Before that I visited Sanna Bay, an empty sandy beach, and then risked a 2 mile footpath to Portuairk, avoiding about 5 miles by road but having to carry the bike in parts over rocky slopes and streams. Exciting,  but it turned out okay.  Portuairk was another beautiful, rather more rocky beach, the sort you could have explored for a day.  Much more to see than I expected,  so I'm catching the last ferry to Mull.  Sitting in the shed that goes for a ferry terminal, out of the still hot sun, and there is free wifi...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.