Thursday 14 July 2016

Glenbrittle

It's a surprisingly short ride from the Raasay ferry to Glenbrittle.  Only a couple of miles to Sligachan, pause to admire the view, over a gentle hill to the Drynoch valley, wide and gently leading to the sea loch.  I took a short detour to Carbost, where a pub was advertised, and sat outside in the sun with great views up the loch to the mountains.  They had wifi but it wasn't connected to the Internet today.
The final ten? miles to Glenbrittle were memorable too - sun and wind at my back, and heading up directly towards the mountains before a long descent into Glenbrittle.   The youth hostel is lovely, by the way, and I met someone who had stayed at the now closed Raasay hostel, probably when my cycling friends Irene and Graham were in residence as volunteer wardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do get to see the comments but it's not easy to reply when I'm on a ride.